General Dynamics Electric Boat is the world’s foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, the most complex machines made by man. The company’s industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the U.S. Navy's first commissioned undersea warship. Today, Electric Boat prides itself on being the premier shipbuilding company in the industry. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
The Radiological Auditor's major tasks are to perform in-depth assessments, evaluations, surveillances and audits of radiological work to evaluate systems, work performance, product quality, technical work direction and ensure compliance with Technical Directives and Corporation requirements.
The Radiological Auditor will prepare evaluation and audit attribute lists, conduct in-depth evaluations, audits and assessments and assess adequacy of preventive and corrective actions. Radiological Auditors will perform follow-up to radiological commitments, NAVSEA Evaluation findings, and corrective action commitments to verify completion and effectiveness of corrective actions. Radiological Auditors will be expected to work with management to autopsy problems and develop corrective actions. Additionally, the auditor will conduct nuclear audits of repair work.
The Radiological Auditor will qualify and maintain qualification as an Article 112 Engineer and Radiation Worker.
Position is located in Groton, CT.
- Applicants must have strong data analysis and trend identification skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work effectively with engineering, management and trades personnel.
- Applicant must apply, obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance as condition of employment.
- This position requires an energetic, motivated individual with strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Candidates must have strong organizational, influencing, and consulting skills with the ability to combine initiative with professionalism.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
- Position deals with ship construction and overhaul and repair, requiring candidates to have the ability to work within active construction areas.