General Dynamics Electric Boat is the world’s foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, the most complex machines made by man. The company’s industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the U.S. Navy's first commissioned undersea warship. Today, Electric Boat prides itself on being the premier shipbuilding company in the industry. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
These openings are for 1st and 2nd shift
This position interfaces with all Engineering and Design disciplines that support all present and future submarine programs. Emphasis on working products related to the Columbia program. Applicants will be responsible for Engineering Configuration Management: authorizing documents to be used for construction; as-built configuration documentation of each hull; and the maintenance and data integrity of the EB3G Document Control System, Teamcenter and Electric Boat's design document archive file, ELCADD. This involves being able to interpret drawings and design disclosures, Engineering Reports, technical support documents and directives. Applicants may act as liaison between the design agent and construction yard by resolving discrepancies while processing design and construction documents for issue and releasing only authorized work for construction activities. Applicantss must interact with other departments including Engineering, Planning, Design, Program Office and Supervisor of Shipbuilding. Applicants may also be responsible for upkeep of applicable SPs, DIs, DPDs and other procedures.
• Must be able to read and understand various technical documents and disclosures
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to produce high quality work
• Must possess experience working with computer systems
• Must be a self-motivator with a strong awareness of procedural compliance and data integrity
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Knowledge or experience with configuration management principles is a desirable
• Experience with new construction and/or delivered ships.
• Awareness of EB's 3G, TEAMCENTER, JCALS, and ELCADD systems is a plus