General Dynamics Electric Boat is the world’s foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, the most complex machines made by man. The company’s industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the U.S. Navy's first commissioned undersea warship. Today, Electric Boat prides itself on being the premier shipbuilding company in the industry. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Electric Boat is seeking an Assistant General Counsel to work primarily with the Company’s HR Counsel and Materials Management (Procurement) Counsel and be a trusted business partner to the Human Resources and Materials Management Organizations. The chosen applicant’s roles and responsibilities will include, but is not limited to, the following:
· Provide advice, counsel, research, training and solutions to complex employment and labor law issues
· Vendor Qualifications
· Represent the business on EEO charges
· Negotiation of Subcontract Terms and Conditions
· Work with outside counsel on employment disputes and litigation
· Subcontractor Performance Issues
· Develop and implement internal practices and policies to achieve compliance with applicable laws
· Terminations for Default and Convenience
· Work with the HR team in developing and managing business objectives
· Technical Data Rights, Intellectual Property Rights and Nondisclosure Agreements
Other responsibilities may be assigned by the General Counsel or the other Assistant General Counsels in the Legal Department.