General Dynamics is the world’s foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, the most complex machines made by man. The company’s industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the U.S. Navy's first commissioned undersea warship. Today, Electric Boat prides itself on being the premier shipbuilding company in the industry. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
1. Construct, install, operate and maintain test equipment and support systems.
2. Perform the duties of Mechanical Safety Technician for Ripout and Tagouts.
3. Will perform hydrostatic and other acceptance testing, including the operation of pumps, installation of hoses, tubing, piping and other test components. This work will be performed on board submarines under construction and repair. Work requires heavy lifting, pulling and ladder climbing.
4. Will work in accordance to procedures and various manuals. Must be able to understand mechanical system drawings and diagrams.
5. Must be willing to obtain and maintain radiological dosimetry and will be required to perform work within radiologically controlled areas.
6. Individual must obtain and maintain security clearance.
Personnel must demonstrate competency in understanding Electric Boat Procedures and test forms. The ability to determine technical testing requirements from piping and mechanical drawings is essential. Understanding and ability to use various hand, air and electrically operated pumps and shop equipment.